2016 Autosport Grand Prix Predictor - General Terms
In these General Terms unless otherwise stated:
"Competition(s)" means competitions on the Website to win Prizes;
"Essential Terms and Conditions" means key and specific terms and conditions relating to the Prizes and Competition(s) shown on the Website;
"Game" means Grand Prix Predictor;
"General Terms" means these terms and conditions;
"Prizes" means prizes shown on the Website that can be awarded during the official 2016 FIA Formula 1 World Championship season (the "2016 FORMULA 1 Season") and as detailed in the Essential Terms and Conditions relating to prizes on the Website;
"Promoter" means Autosport Media, Bridge House, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 3SP.
"Terms" means the following documents:
- the 'How to Play' section of the Website;
- these General Terms;
- the Essential Terms and Conditions
"Website" means the Grand Prix Predictor website, www.gppredictor.com
- All entrants eligible to enter the Competition(s) must be at least 18 years or over. Some Competition(s) may require entrants to be of a higher age - please see the Essential Terms and Conditions for specific details of ages required for the Competition(s). The Promoter reserves the right to take steps to verify the age of entrants.
- Employees and their families of the Promoter are not eligible to win Prizes but can take part in the Game.
- All entrants must ensure that their participation (including the acceptance of any prize awarded) is lawful in accordance with the laws of the country of which they are a citizen and/or resides. This promotion is void where void under local national laws. The Promoter shall not be taken to make any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any individual's participation, or as to any other aspect of any Competition(s).
- The promotion involves predicting the outcome of 2016 Formula 1 races. The season starts on March 20 2016 with the Australian Grand Prix and is planned to finish on November 27th 2016 with the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (all dates are determined by the FIA and not the Promoter).
- Prizes may be offered for some of the 2016 season's races at Promotor's discretion. Where a Prize is offered for a race, this is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Not all 2016 Formula 1 Season races carry a Prize, Promoter will notify entrants if prizes are offered and which races will carry a Prize throughout the season on the Website.
- The first race will be the Australian Grand Prix and entries for the game open at 12:00 (GMT) on 11th March 2016 and will close five minutes before qualifying for the Australian Grand Prix.
- Entry to any subsequent races, which may carry a prize, will open at 00:01 (GMT) on the Monday following the previous race, and will close five minutes before qualifying for the race.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or play the Game and/or entering any Competition(s).
- By playing the Game and entering the Competition(s), entrants agree to be legally bound by the Terms
- The terms and conditions of entry and eligibility are set out in the rules of the Game as specified in the 'How to Play' section of the website: www.gpppredictor.com
- At the end of each relevant race, the points earned by each player will be totalled and the winner will be the player with the most points for those races which occur during the official 2016 Formula 1 Season (as determined by FIA).
- For the first race, in the event that more than one player has the submitted the same highest score, the entrant who submitted their predictions earliest will be deemed the winner.
- For the subsequent races, in the event that more than one player has the submitted the same highest score, and the entrants have used the carry over facility from a previous race, the entrant who submitted their predictions nearest to the start time of the race will be deemed the winner.
- Points will be based on the final decisions of the FIA, not necessarily those initially awarded ‘over the line’.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any mistakes in calculating the points in determining the winner(s) of Prizes.
- Details of the leading prediction for the Competition(s) can be seen on the Website following each race and the overall winning prediction at the close of the official 2016 FORMULA 1 Season, as determined by the FIA.
- Prizes could vary for each relevant race. Full details and any relevant terms will be available on the website during the relevant game period.
- The winner(s) of the Prizes will be bound by any terms imposed by any third parties providing services as part of the Prizes. The Promoter cannot accept liability for the acts, omissions or negligence of third parties.
- The Prizes are subject to availability and the Promoter may substitute the Prize and/or Prizes with others of a similar nature as determined by the Promoter.
- The Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or transferred, deferred or exchanged and must be taken (or rejected) by the winner(s) as awarded. If the Prizes are declined or the selected winner(s) cannot be contacted within 14 days after the closing date for the relevant Competition(s) by phone or email using the details provided when the entrant registered to play the Game, the Prizes will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to select the entrant with the next most points who will be notified by the Promoter in the same manner as the winner. The Promoter shall not have any liability to a winner in the event that the winner is unable to take up the Prizes or any one of them.
- Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some of the aspects of the Prizes. By entering the Competitions and accepting any Prize, entrants accept that risk.
- Prize winner(s) (and, if any, travel companions) may be required as a condition of winning and redeeming a Prize, to submit a liability release and/or publicity release and/or applicable forms required by the Promoter, and/or any other entity or authority. Failure to do so may result in the disqualification and forfeiture of the stated prize(s). By entering the Competition(s), entrants agree to take part in any associated publicity relating to the Prizes without further consent or payment when required.
- The Promoter will not be liable if the Prize and/or Prizes do not reach the relevant winner/and or winners for reasons beyond the control of the Promoter or if the Prize and/or Prizes are damaged or destroyed during delivery.
- The Promoter does not have any control over communications networks and shall not be responsible for entries lost in transmission, or received late due to high online traffic levels, for technical malfunction or otherwise. Nor shall they be liable for incorrectly submitted, delayed, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, communications failure or otherwise.
- The Promoter, their directors, or employees shall not be liable to entrants for any of the following types of loss which entrants may suffer as a result of their entry to the Competition(s):
- for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered by any person as result of, or in connection with, or arising from the Competition(s), the Prizes, nor the Terms and/or the use of the same except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law;
- any consequential, indirect or special losses and/or any loss of revenue, profits or anticipated savings suffered by an entrant as a result of the Promoter's negligence or breach of the Terms or any of them;
- any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in relation to the Competition(s);
- any losses caused by a technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email, traffic congestion on the internet or any combination thereof;
- any loss which an entrant may suffer as a result of or in connection with or arising out of any Prizes;
- any loss arising out of any electronic messages not being received;
- any loss arising out of the entrant not being eligible to enter;
- any tax which an entrant may be required to pay under the laws of any relevant jurisdiction on any Prizes awarded.
- breach of any implied term by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- death or personal injury resulting from negligence as defined in the Unfair Contract Terms act 1977; or
- fraud or any other matter if and to the extent that, under English law, such liability cannot be excluded, restricted or limited. Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).